Saturday, December 6, 2008

A new knitting adventure


So, I've picked up the needles again and cast on some deliciously soft bamboo/wool yarn to knit up my "Scabbard". The minute I saw the pattern, I knew I had to start it. I'm a big fan of Stitch Diva Studios, but I have to admit, I rarely use the yarns they call for... I just can't spend $150 on 1 project... I'm substituting Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo and I pray that I purchased enough! I'm pretty sure that I will probably run out, because that's just how things have been going.

I have to say, being an ADD Mom really interferes with my success on these projects. I have a beautiful tank ("Surplice Bodice Camisole") I started that I found in Knitting Lingerie Style, and was very excited about, over the summer. I'm about 80% finished. I put it down because I made a mistake in the lace pattern and didn't have the time to concentrate on fixing it. Needless to say, it's sitting in a bag somewhere in my closet. I just have to break down and take it over to the wonderful ladies at Knit N Knibble. I'm sure Caroline can rescue my poor project from a disastrous end.

No comments: